Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book!

Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Just a quick reminder that our production of Macbeth goes up this Tuesday and we would love to see lots of friendly faces in the auditorium (and in the bar afterwards!).

Tickets are selling really well so if you are intending on coming it would be good to reserve a ticket sooner rather than later.

See you next week!

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #2

'it would be good to reserve a ticket sooner rather than later.'

By, 'reserve', Bryon does of course mean, 'buy'! wink

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #3

Got mine ! Saturday ! Looking forward to it muchly !

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #4

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

You've been to several Irish venues recently, theatrically speaking, courtesy of SLT, so it's time to venture north to Scotland, and experience more savage times than those of 2015!

Or come and see us as a respite from the election coverage, and the election itself! In our play, differences are settled much more speedily and decisively, of course! There again, who knows what will happen on Thursday.......

MACBETH  on from TUES 5th - SAT 9th MAY AT 8pm.

"Something wicked this way comes..............!"

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #5

Me too, Lots! Really looking forward to seeing the show.

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #6

Just checked numbers with box office - some nights are getting pretty full, so best to book in advance: Tuesday 5th - fewer than 20 left Wednesday 6th - 45 left Thursday 7th - 50 left Friday 8th - 32 left Saturday 9th - 36 left

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #7

• CalB

Up! Spooky and violent - I will say no more!

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #8

I enjoyed this tremendously last night. From the animated backdrop and spooky music and effective period/modern costume, particularly Hecate and the witches, to a beautifully spoken Macbeth, convincingly deranged by power from Alastair Mackay, and a thrilling fight scene with Chaz Doyle's brave and honest Macduff, I was hooked all the way through. It's really good to see a director's vision carried through with such conviction. I believed in the child witches and it was extraordinary to see quite so many men in one production. Do get tickets and call it by its proper name – it's NOT called 'the Scottish Play' – that's a naff old superstition.

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #9

So good on so many levels. The performances were very powerful, filled with total conviction and sharp toothed emotion. At moments, the intensity of energy from some characters felt it was going to drag me from my seat and pummel me on stage. The fantastic use of the space, with slick and beautifully subtle projections, along with the sound that create a sustained atmosphere of foreboding throughout. Go see.

Re: Macbeth This Week - Don't forget to book! 2 years, 7 months ago #10

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

Tickets are going really fast, and there are very few left! So do get booking quickly!

Looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces when I eventually arrive in the bar!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.29 seconds