Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The New Electric Ballroom

The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #1

The New Electric Ballroom is set in an isolated Irish fishing village where three sisters live together, in the house they grew up in.

Two of the siblings, Clara and Breda, are reclusive, while the youngest, Ada, is the only one with any semblance of ties to the outside world.

Each day, Clara and Breda re-enact a life-changing event of heartbreak from their youth. The two shut-ins put on the show—complete with costumes, atmospheric lighting and sound effects—for Ada, partly for entertainment, but primarily as a cautionary tale. It’s a Grimm fairy-tale for timid adults.

All the while we have Patsy, a lonely fishmonger searching for his life’s purpose. His fish deliveries are as predictable as the tides, and he too is sucked into this strange pattern of things.

In The New Electric Ballroom, there’s no “happily,” just “ever after,” as the characters assemble to once again to tell their story again and again...

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #2

Starts next week folks.... start booking those tickets.

This is a lovely play full of feeling and should (hopefully) make you laugh, cry and think a bit.

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #3

Oh and it's definitely a four-pinter. At least.

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #4

Well now you've definitely got my attention! I shall be there.

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #5

• CalB

And visible underwear. Everyone. At some point.

But definitely a play where you need to bring your ears as well as your eyes! Come see it - we promise not to be shit.

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #6

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

As well as being a "four pinter", the play doesn't have an interval.

Book your tickets now!

smiley

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by JLH.

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 6 months ago #7

....and up!

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 5 months ago #8

• CalB

Come see the madness. It'll be even blacker without you.

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 5 months ago #9

• CalB

Please. Hup!!

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 5 months ago #10

I stole this what Catherine Ellis said from facebook...

Well I was privileged enough to be allowed to see the dress of Electric Ballrooom this evening (and big thanks to Marcus for enabling me to get out to see it). It is fantastic! Do make sure you get down to see it if you can. Very darkly funny with really strong performances from a talented cast. And an easy 3-4 pinter. What's not to like?!

So yes, come watch!

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 5 months ago #11

I reiterate.  Strong performances and a very gripping script.  Bonkers but gripping.  ;-)

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 5 months ago #12

Up!!!

Re: The New Electric Ballroom 2 years, 5 months ago #13

'Come see it - we promise not to be shit.' And you weren't. Most definitely not. Excellent performances and production. Well done all.
Last Edit: 2 years, 5 months ago by FionaD.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.30 seconds