Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore

Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #1

The Swan – DC Moore

Performance – 5th – 10th October 2015 in Prompt Corner

Auditions – 14th and 16th July 2015 8 -10pm

The action takes place during the early afternoon in a run-down South London pub.  This is not a gastro-pub.  This is the kind of pub that you’d probably not go into.  It’s about to close and be redeveloped.  But it’s the venue chosen for the wake of Michael Thomas.  This play is funny, touching, and very definitely foul-mouthed.

Characters

Please note, if you don’t like swearing, don’t audition.  There will also be smoking onstage.

Jim – Michael’s father.  Playing age 50s up.  South London through and through.  For Jim, The Swan is practically his home.  He’s a bit of a tough guy. 

Russell – a regular at The Swan.  Playing age same generation as Jim.  Quiet, mild-mannered, likes a crossword.  Gently posh.  Not someone you would necessarily expect in a pub like this.

Denise – Michael’s “step-daughter”, Jim’s “step-grand-daughter”.  Playing age 17.  Will have to be convincingly related to the actor playing Christine. Tough but vulnerable, Denise is bright and has had an education which possibly separates her from her roots.

Bradwell – a regular at The Swan.  Playing age 20s/30s.  Gormless.  Not a very bright or pre-possessing chap.  Bradwell is a bit of a mess as a human being, though his heart is probably in the right place.

Amy – Bradwell’s girl-friend.  Playing age 20s/30s.  Tough, foul-mouthed, self-confident, brassy.  Very South London.

Christine – Partner of Michael and mother of Denise.  Playing age late 30s/40s.  Will have to be convincingly related to the actor playing Denise.  Life has not been kind, but Christine is a fighter.  She does the best she can with the hand she’s been dealt and keeps going despite everything.

If you're still reading, well done!  This will be the last show in the building in its current state.  It will also be the Gala show - hence the 6-day run.  It will be partnered with another one-act play which will take place earlier in the evening in Bell theatre.  Edgar and Annabel - Sam Holcroft, directed by Anton Krause.  Both myself and Anton see no reason why one actor shouldn't audition for both plays.

Exciting, isn't it?

Caroline

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #2

Facinated that Anton's audition post has received more attention than mine.

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #3

Could be because his post was in the Auditions section not General, not evryone goes in to "newest posts".

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #4

• Naomi

My audition post was put in general and has had about the same views....I thought the discussion board really just defaulted to the newest posts no matter what section they are in? 

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #5

Hullo Gorgeous!

I would love to be considered (Jim or Russell) but I'll be on jolly hols from June 29th to July 19th, so brilliantly managing to be away for all the auditions!

What to doooooooooooooo?

Peter Bond

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #6

Hello, I would like to audition for The Swan - DC Moore, but where do apply from?

Thanks.

Ayten

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #7

It depends on how you go to the forum. I have it bookmarked on the Main Forum page - that shows  you the 4 sub forums. The latest link from the members area takes you to the latest post page which is only acessable from there. Some people can't start a new thred from there. I don't think I can so I always start in a sub forum.

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #8

Um...tricky, as I'm in France from 27th June and pretty booked up before then.

To be honest, it'll mainly hinge on whether I can cast from those who can make it to audtions as I'd like to actually announce the cast on or around the 19th.

Many, many thanks for your interest and gutted that you're away.  

There maybe callbacks, in which case, I'll be in  touch.

Cheers

C x

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 6 months ago #9

Hi Ayten,

I'll see if I can get a proper audition notice up on the web-site.

Otherwise, if you need more details/audition pieces, you can contact me by email on caroline doyle 170 at hot mail dot com.  (no spaces)

(Have to write it like that or scheming robots trawling for people's identities will scam me)

Many thanks for your interest.

C x

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 5 months ago #10

Hello All!

I now have audition pieces if you'd like them emailed out to you.

I'll try to get some printed out and down in the bar at SLT as well.

My email is on the link on this site under Upcoming Auditions - The Swan!

It's a very darkly funny play so do have a look!

:)

Caroline

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 5 months ago #11

Audition pieces in the bar!

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 5 months ago #12

Auditions are tomorrow!

Be there or be a rectangular thing!

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 5 months ago #13

There is no way I'm going to be an equilateral parallelogram!

Post by Tigermouse

Auditions are tomorrow!

Re: Auditions! The Swan - DC Moore 2 years, 5 months ago #14

Are there any more audition pieces around? Or online? Several people were asking yesterday but couldn't seem to find any...

Post by Tigermouse

Auditions are tomorrow!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds