Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU

SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #1

We are now reaching the exciting point in the restoration plans for our wonderful theatre. The Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) is poised to confirm their grant of a substantial percentage of the capital costs. Our fundraisers, under Bob Callender’s leadership, are working to secure additional funds from trusts and donors. SLT is emptying its piggy bank and now SLT NEEDS YOU!

We must show the HLF and all our potential donors how much SLT means to its members by putting our hands in our pockets and pledging as much as we can NOW to support our request for funding from the HLF and the donors. THEY WON’T PLEDGE UNLESS YOU DO TOO! The pledges will not be called upon until April 2015.

To pledge, go to our SLT Gift Aid form where you can add 25% to your donation - www.southlondontheatre.co.uk/pledges

If you are taking part in an event, you can ask your friends to sponsor you for South London Theatre as your charity on JustGiving.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #2

• helen

Very well done for getting this up and running, Carole - pledge duly made.  Will there be a totaliser-type thing at some point?

I've also sent the link to my mother asking her to share it around her Explorer friends who may not see this.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #3

Indeed, thank you Carole for getting this up and running.

There is a totaliser thing. It's on the home page just below the Theatre Restoration News tab.

Without wishing to cause Carole any more unnecessary work, perhaps the totaliser could be a little bolder and higher up the page so people don't need to scroll down to see it? Also if we put a 'sticky' pin on this thread so it stays at the top of the discussion board that will ensure it stays to the fore whenever anyone  logs in.

But great news there is already over £12k pledged from just 8 people.  I suspect that might include one or two heftier donations, though, so we musn't get complacent.  Still got another £90k to raise.

Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by FionaD.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #4

• helen

You're absolutely right, Fiona, I hadn't spotted that.  And I was looking for it, so yes, in time I'm sure we can make it more obvious.

I've made this thread sticky, as suggested.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #5

Can we pay this monthly in advance of the 2015 date?  I would find it easier to set up a regular monthly payment into the fundraising account.  I would then calculate the total for the eleven months and make that my pledge but by the time the payment deadline came along it would all have been paid.  You'll get considerably more money out of me that way than in a lump sum.

A

Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by AntonAAK.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #6

• Naomi

If there isn't a way of doing this (and I imagine there isn't because the money isn't technically being collected till the end), you could set up a separate savings account and pay your monthly money into that, then give it all in a lump sum anyway. 

Post by AntonAAK

Can we pay this monthly in advance of the 2015 date?  I would find it easier to set up a regular monthly payment into the fundraising account.  I would then calculate the total for the eleven months and make that my pledge but by the time the payment deadline came along it would all have been paid.  You'll get considerably more money out of me that way than in a lump sum.

A

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #7

As I understand it, the "pledge" is a way of showing the HLF some of the fundraising we can get. They were concerned by the lack of matched funding we had managed to garner so far, so this is a way of showing that we have at least this amount in matched funding.

Pay more if you have it, by all means, but we need to show them at least a minimum.

smiley

Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by darkling.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #8

Would it be possible to put a message inside each of the future show programmes to let members and visitors know about this and how they can pledge? I'm sure there are lots of people who attend shows but are not members (particularly friends and family) or members who don't regularly go on the discussion board and it's another way of alerting people to this. It might get a few people and it's easier (and cheaper) than inserting flyers.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #9

• jesso

is there a way for people who do not use internet to pledge? I was asked about this?

Jess

Jess O

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #10

• helen

I have offered for any of my mother's friends, for instance, to print the form off for them, then manually enter the details myself.  I'm sure anyone else could do the same ...

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #11

• jesso

may be we could put something to that effect in backstage too as we may lose some donors who don't do online?

Jess O

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #12

Anton: it is possible for people to set up annual standing orders to pay their membership fee, so I don't see why it's not possible to do the same for donations. However I'm not certain that it's the same bank account we want people to pay into and I'm also never very sure whether or not it's wise to advertise SLT's Sort Code and Account Number publically, so I've refrained from doing so so far. Can anyone advise on either point?

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #13

Exactly, all I need is a bank account to pay into (details not passed publicly) and I'll set up a monthly standing order.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #14

• helen

I've emailed Geoff and Carole with this thread to see what they say ...

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #15

Putting something in both programmes and Backstage are good ideas. We are also intending to write a letter to the list of ex-Members that Jeanette has provided, and Carole has a list of email addresses for everyone who is on our database, both current and ex members and is going to email them. Obviously we'll put the word out on Twitter and the Facebook page too. If there's still anyone you can think of we won't reach, let me know!

Can we have info about this fundraising - and the totaliser - on the main website page? (I'm sure we used to have a welcome message on there previously - what happened to that?)

Time to create page: 0.26 seconds