Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

TOPIC: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 7 months ago #16

• helen

Wow, it's over £14K now - that's amazing!

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 7 months ago #17

Thank you guys, a truly amazing start!

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #18

See what you mean about the front page going on the blink again. We've just got the shows but no lovely welcome message from Lee.

The totaliser is on the main website page, just below Theatre Restoration News, which has a competing Just Giving page. I assume we'd prefer money through the pledges route so that Just Giving don't take any percentage?

By my calculations (though admittedly maths isn't my strong point) if the pledges keep coming at the current rate we should hit the £100k target in a fortnight. I accept I may be being wildly optimistic cheeky

Post by Clarisinda

Can we have info about this fundraising - and the totaliser - on the main website page? (I'm sure we used to have a welcome message on there previously - what happened to that?)

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #19

Peopole have mentioned putting this in Backstage, but you'ree too late - Carole had sent in copy before this thread started and it is on page 7 of the current (June) issue. It has been available in the theatre from Monday this week and is in the post to all members who receive it that way. The web and email version has been sent for uploading.

Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Brian F.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #20

Hello everyone! Pledge made...

Not sure if I'm being thick Anton (or if the question has already been answered elsewhere but the pledge form has a bit that says:

I would prefer to pay now. (preferred for smaller amounts)

If paying now:
I will transfer it to the South London Theatre Building account
      Sort code 40-44-15, account no 53045137 ref "Your Name Donation"
I will post a cheque to The Finance Director, South London Theatre,
      The Old Fire Station, 2a Norwood High Street, London, SE27 9NS
      payable to the South London Theatre Building account

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #21

"Pay now" option only added today.

I am working on Paypal and will test it tonight when all sensible people will be in bed and not making donations.

A standing order would be very welcome. Fill the form in with the amount to be donated to 1st April next year and I will look out for the contributions and claim the total GiftAid if applicable.

We can then make another form if you want to continue!

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #22

Ahh ok Carole - I knew I'd be missing something somewhere!!!

Post by Carole

"Pay now" option only added today.

I am working on Paypal and will test it tonight when all sensible people will be in bed and not making donations.

A standing order would be very welcome. Fill the form in with the amount to be donated to 1st April next year and I will look out for the contributions and claim the total GiftAid if applicable.

We can then make another form if you want to continue!

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #23

• kayG

I am probably being extremely obtuse! But how do I link this to my own FB page so that friend and family will (maybe) pledge?

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #24

Type in www.southlondontheatre.co.uk/pledges and FB will make a link. 

Thanks for reminding me - I have just posted it

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #25

Don't forget that the BACS field for the reference is only 18 characters long.
You may wish to suggest something other than "Your Name Donation" for that field, as the word " donation" takes up half the available space.

Last Edit: 3 years, 6 months ago by Gavin.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #26

• helen

Wow - that figure is going up rapidly.  Thank you to everyone who has pledged so far.

Just a quick note to say that it really doesn't matter how small or large the pledge is.  Everyone understands that times are tight for some of us (myself included!), but if lots of people pledge a little bit then we should make our target.  

And don't forget you've got a year to find it, the cash isn't being called in just yet ...

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #27

Nudging £25,000 - thanks everyone! Keep 'em rolling in.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #28

Yay! Over £25,000. Brilliant. Any more to come?

The HLF are meeting early June and we want to impress them as much as we can, so do pledge asap if you are thinking of doing so.

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #29

I mentioned at the AGM that card payments through box office would be great. I bet people would happily add a few quid to their ticket prices too if given an option. Every time I buy a ticket for the old vic I'm asked to chip in to the restoration fund and always do. I don't know what the demographic is of the membership but I bet most people have debit/credit cards and not everyone has tinternet banking and cheque books are soooo 1970's! (8-)

Re: SLT Restoration Appeal for Pledges - SLT needs YOU 3 years, 6 months ago #30

The pin doesn't seem to be holding this thread to the top of the board, so...

UP!

Time to create page: 0.24 seconds