Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The Big SLT Clear Out!!

The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 11 months ago #1

Ladies and gentlemen!

It is coming... The end of an era! South London Theatre is closing for the big refurbishment and everyone is needed to help.

As you all know, at the end of October the building will be closed for 14-18 months whilst contractors, builders, roofers, electricians and the like come in a make our theatre brand spanking new and all types of sexy. However, before they turn up, we need to clear out a lot of stuff... And I do mean a lot of stuff.

I am planning for four Saturdays of throwing out things all through August :

Each day, starting at 10am, going through to 5pm...

8th  - Initial clear up. Throw out the obvious and identify things to be possibly sold. Want to sort the fly loft especially.
   15th - 2nd run through. Another general swipe. Someone else in charge... Possibly a props day...
   22nd - Deep clean. We will open all those cupboards we are afraid too... And the shed.
   29th - Final big one. If it's got dust on it and we can't sell it, it goes.

We need you to come along and help! I am planning that a drive up skip will come along in the afternoon each day for rubbish collection. Things will need identifying, carrying, shifting, breaking down, and in some cases, fully destroyed! The more hands the merrier.

Anything that we find that people think we might be able to sell to raise funds for the theatre is always good. However, we will need a couple of volunteers to organise the selling of such items. eBay, Gumtree, the like. Volunteers on this front will also be most appreciated.

Now, unfortunately, I am not available on the 15th, which is why I suggest a props/lighting/costume day. I will liase with the the various people to see if they can take charge and direct the troops.

Please can people reply on this thread with their availability. Even if you can just drop in for a couple of hours, that would be excellent. This will also be on the Facebook group.

Come one, come all!
(because I really can't do this on my own)

Chaz

Re: The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 11 months ago #2

Hello you there, I can help on the 22nd and the 29th.

Re: The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 11 months ago #3

I should be OK for 15 and 29.

Re: The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 11 months ago #4

I can probably do all the dates but not much of the work! I'll see if I can drag my son along; he's young and his back still works!

Re: The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 11 months ago #5

• jesso

if you can get him out of bed before 5pm Matthew!!wink

Jess O
Last Edit: 2 years, 11 months ago by jesso.

Re: The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 11 months ago #6

I can do the 8th and the 15th! As things stand anyway cool

Re: The Big SLT Clear Out!! 2 years, 10 months ago #7

I can do 8th. Dilys

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds