Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Jack Fitzgerald

Jack Fitzgerald 6 months, 4 weeks ago #1

I have just heard that Jack Fitzgerald, one time member and stalwart backstage hand in the 70s/80s, is seriously ill in the Princess Royal Hospital in Bromley, and likely to be moved to a nursing home in the next few days. From the conversation I had with his friend the prognosis is not good, so I shall try to keep you informed over the coming weeks.

Jack was a friend to all, always had a smile on his face, and was liked by many people. He was always willing to help backstage, stage managing several productions. 

Geoff Potter

Re: Jack Fitzgerald 6 months, 3 weeks ago #2

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

Sorry to hear this news. Jack took much delight in helping us to drink the bar dry before we left West Norwood,and can be seen beaming in the front row of the Bell photos.

Jack was an expert fencer for many years and arranged stage fights for several shows. He had his 89th birthday in February 2017.

Re: Jack Fitzgerald 5 months, 1 week ago #3

Hi All,

I have just heard that Jack Fitzgerald, onetime SLTC member, died in June. The funeral will be held at Beckenham Crematorium on Wednesday 19 July at 2.15pm, with a reception after at The Chelsfield in Chelsfield. If you plan to attend can you call Bill Whitman on 01689 600 449 so they can get an idea of numbers.

Re: Jack Fitzgerald 5 months, 1 week ago #4

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

Really sorry to hear this news. I'm glad that he managed to visit SLT before we left it, so he is in the final photographs.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.40 seconds