Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alan Slater

Alan Slater 2 months, 1 week ago #1

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

I have just heard the shocking and extremely sad news that Alan Slater was found dead in his flat this morning. It's thought that he had had a heart attack. Although he had had some heart problems previously, he had taken early retirement last year, and had been enjoying a less stressful pace of life since then.

Alan joined SLT in 1976 and was an active member until 2000. He served as Theatre Director from 1993-1994. He was a very talented actor who took on straight as well as comedy roles and excelled at both. These ranged from Kev in Gimme Shelter, and Fak in The Sport of My Mad Mother to Bardolf in The Merry Wives of Windsor, Bill in An Evening with Gary Linecar and Alan Gregg in Shadowlands. He had a charming and friendly personality and was always good company, with a wicked sense of humour. He got on well with everybody and will be much missed.

He rejoined SLT in 2016 and operated lights for several shows at Stanley Halls, and did FoH as well, as he was always willing to take on new ventures.

Re: Alan Slater 2 months ago #2

Dear Jeanette - thanks so much for letting us know. Brian F kindly re-posted this on facebook and there have been some lovely messages there. I will copy them and email them to you.  He was wonderful to work with on Bette and Joan last year. Please send my love to his family. 

Charlotte x

Re: Alan Slater 1 month, 4 weeks ago #3

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

Here are the details about Alan's funeral.

Date: TUESDAY 9th OCTOBER at 1.00pm

Place: Honor Oak Crematorium

Brockley Way

London

SE23 3RD

Then afterwards at the Brockley Jack pub which is less than 5minutes walk from the crematorium.

408-410 Brockley Road

London, SE4 2DH

Alan 's brother, Ian, is happy for people to either make a donation the The Heart Foundation or send flowers.

All Alan's friends are invited to attend the funeral and wake. Please let me know if you are likely to be there so that I can gather numbers for Ian (for providing the buffet). Further details are available on request.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.26 seconds