Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Antic bar proposals

New Antic bar proposals 4 years, 4 months ago #1

• helen

Hey there,

I've just had this through from Antic bars - they need local support so I thought I'd post the details here so anyone who wants to email them can.

Dear All

First of all thank you for your continuing support for Antic and our search for a pub in West Norwood.

It is now, with great pleasure, that I can announce that we have found a venue – 294-296 Norwood Road. The old shop ‘This That and the Other’.

It is still VERY early stages for us and we have only just put planning in to the council, but we need your help to support our application.

Now I know how much you want this pub so I thought you would be the best people to ask for help and here is what we need.

We are putting together a physical file of support, so literally a pile of emails, outlining peoples reasons for wanting the pub, to present to the council in support of our application. It would be absolutely wonderful and a huge help if you could send me a letter of support for the pub, outlining why you feel it will benefit the area.

I will also be creating an online petition for everyone to sign showing their support, this won’t go live for a few days but will be available soon.

The more we show our support in a positive way, the better.

So please help us, this is Your pub, it would be great if You were the people to make it happen.

Emails of support can be sent to me and we have a deadline of the end of this month.

A HUGE thank you in advance, I’m sure you are all as excited as we are.

Cheers! and I’ll see you at the bar!

Fi

Fi Collett

Events, Marketing & Promotions, Antic London

fi@anticlondon.com

Re: New Antic bar proposals 4 years, 4 months ago #2

That's what used to be the Co-op just past the petrol station, isn't it? Quite a big site for Antic, but as they have just lost the Catford Bridge Tavern to another pub group - good luck to them.

I have ciculated the message to the SELondon CAMRA branch for more support as we voted that pub SE london Pub of the Year when they fought off it becoming a supermarket.

Last Edit: 4 years, 4 months ago by Brian F.

Re: New Antic bar proposals 4 years, 4 months ago #3

This is very exciting, woohoo :-)

Re: New Antic bar proposals 4 years, 4 months ago #4

Antic needs support for their planning application, so email fi@anticlondon.com and let her know what a great idea it is!

Re: New Antic bar proposals 4 years, 3 months ago #5

• helen

On a related note, more new stuff opening in West Norwood:  our own record & book store where the Gypsy Queen used to be...

http://www.factmag.com/2013/08/27/the-book-and-record-bar-set-to-open-in-london-this-weekend/

Re: New Antic bar proposals 4 years, 3 months ago #6

Woo, interesting! I think I've met the "Record Man" as he's sometimes at the Feast. Will pop along on Sunday and see what it's like..

Re: New Antic bar proposals 3 years, 9 months ago #7

• helen

It seems that Antic have got their licensing application through, as well as planning permission, so a decent bar/eaterie for West Norwood should now be on the cards before Christmas:

http://westnorwood.wordpress.com/2014/03/05/knowles-of-norwood-2/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds