Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Film Club 2015 Season

Film Club 2015 Season 2 years, 12 months ago #1

It's an ill wind, eh?

One of the benefits of our extended stay in the Old Fire Station is that Film Club are able to programme a full season for 2015.

The projected season (subject to availabilty) is:

January  The Cabinet of Doctor Caligari (1920)

February  The Lady Vanishes (1938)

March  Double Indemnity (1944)

April  The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)

May  Rosemary's Baby (1968)

June  Monty Python & the Holy Grail (1975)

July  The Purple Rose of Cairo (1985)

August  Miller's Crossing (1990)

September  State and Main (2000)

October  Sightseers (2012)

We hope there is a bit of something for everybody here and look forward to seeing some of you on January 10th for the amazing Cabinet of Doctor Caligari.

Anton & Matthew

Last Edit: 2 years, 12 months ago by barrota.

Re: Film Club 2015 Season 2 years, 5 months ago #2

Sorry, Film Club fans; there has been a bit of a hiatus in the season for one reason and another but, rest assured, Anton and I will be looking to make up for lost time over the next few weeks. Watch this space.

Matthew.

Re: Film Club 2015 Season 2 years, 3 months ago #3

Any progress on the catch up? Is there anything for September?

Re: Film Club 2015 Season 2 years, 3 months ago #4

With apologies to all those who bated their breath following our last announcement, we have decided that, owing to our previous commitments in other areas, Anton and I will be suspending the season until further notice. We fully intend to complete this season at some point but, with so many aspects of SLT life in a state of flux at the moment, we are delaying any decision-making for the moment.

Re: Film Club 2015 Season 2 years, 2 months ago #5

For those who are feeling bereft of their regular film nights there is a new opportunity to watch some rare (some may say obscure) Russia and Eastern, Central and South-Eastern European films for free during Oct - Dec.

The School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies (SSEES) are celebrating 100 years with a film festival at the Bloomsbury Theatre https://www.thebloomsbury.com/event/run/15038?utm_source=Bloomsbury%20Theatre&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=717368_Studio%20season%20preview&dm_i=2HJW,FDIW,2E1QAG,ZP3P,1

A must for all budding Film Quiz hopefuls.

Last Edit: 2 years, 2 months ago by FionaD.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds