Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June

Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #1

Fiona Daffern and Anton Krause both turn 50 this July (on the same day!) and a couple of weeks prior to this (Saturday 13 June) we have kindly been given the run of the theatre to celebrate with a bijou soirée to which all SLT members are invited.

Prompt Corner will be transformed into Rick's Café Americain and music will  be provided by the fabulous Top Shelf Band.  Dress code - Casablanca -  evening dress, linen suits, Nazi Uniforms, fezes, 1940s vintage or repro -  you name it.  Inspiration can be found here and spare fezes will be provided.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=casablanca&safe=off&espv=2&biw=1920&bih=979&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=OOBAVcW0O4riao_GgdAC&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#safe=off&tbm=isch&q=casablanca+movie

or better still watch the film again - as if you need an excuse. 

Music and food will be provided and buckets may well be rattled in support of the  restoration fund.

Of all of the gin-joints in all of the towns in all of the World, why not walk into ours?

A & F
 (More details to follow)

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by FionaD.

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #2

Round up all the usual suspects!

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #3

• CalB

I just hope Prompt is still standing for our show the following week! Looking forward to it but finding Bergmanesque outfit will have to wait til after Macbeth next week.....

Did I mention Macbeth's on next week?

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #4

Just don't be confused by Mr Barrota's contribution and come as Keyser Soze (well OK, you can if you want, I don't mind)

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #5

You really haven't seen it, have you?

Post by FionaD

Just don't be confused by Mr Barrota's contribution and come as Keyser Soze (well OK, you can if you want, I don't mind)

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #6

What a fabulous 'do' this is destined to be!

Let me know if you need any help setting up on the Saturday and dare I mention clearing up on the Sunday.

Apparently West Norwood Cemetery was inspired by Pere Lachaise so I feel justified in saying 'We'll always have Paris' :)

ttfn

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #7

er, no...blush

Post by AntonAAK

Post by FionaD

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #8

Don't worry, Fiona, just think Carry On Follow That Camel. But with Nazis

Post by FionaD

er, no...blush

Post by AntonAAK

Post by FionaD

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #9

• CalB

Can we please have the movie running somewhere? Please please...I'll try not to cry at the bit where they sing the French national anthem and drown out the Germans in the nightclub - have no idea why that bit gets to me every time...

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 7 months ago #10

I believe Anton has this very idea in hand. Just hold easy on the gin before the emotional scenes cheeky

Last Edit: 2 years, 7 months ago by FionaD.

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #11

Now what are you doing lurking down the board? THIS SATURDAY! Come and join Anton and me celebrate being nearly very old in downtown West Casablanca. There's a fabulous live band playing at Rick's Cafe Americain ( courtesy of Messrs Doyle and Doyle - you know it'll be good). Chaz and Dave's superb (gin) Cocktail Bar. Food, drink and dancing from 8 til late. All very welcome. We hope to see you there in your best party frocks and suits. Fez's available. F&A xx
Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by FionaD.

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #12

• CalB

Hello looking forward to this but am just wondering how late is late as I may need to book a cab home? Am on the bar so de rigeur to help clear up I guess!

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #13

I'd like to do an earlier stint if possible but can be there early to help with set up.

Also v excited (8-)

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #14

Post by CalB
Hello looking forward to this but am just wondering how late is late as I may need to book a cab home? Am on the bar so de rigeur to help clear up I guess!
I understand normal extension rules will be applied, i.e. 2am last drinks.

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #15

Thank you to everyone who helped make the party such fun last night. Too many names to mention ( and I'll forget someone and feel dreadful) but to those who helped create Rick's cafe, the cinema and the cocktail bar, to those that helped dismantle it all today and to everyone who did stints on the various bars THANK YOU. For those that did all three, MWAH xxx.

Thank you also for the cards and pressies. I'm going to open them on my actual birthday, so please forgive me if I look blank as to what I received.

Prompt is now looking spruce and Irish in anticipation of this week's production of The New Electric Ballroom. Go see!

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by FionaD.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds