Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #16

• JLH
  • NOW ONLINE

And a big thank you to Fiona and Anton who decided to celebrate their birthdays in such an enjoyable and stylish way. Everyone had made an effort to embrace the era, and some lovely outfits were to be seen. The generous offer of an optional fez to wear, was an inspired touch! The food,(and cake), was very tasty and the cocktail bar very enticing. Rick's Bar in Prompt Corner was atmospheric, with an entertaining, and tuneful band, while the Bell provided a quiet and cool place to see Casablanca, if not hear it!!

We all had a wonderful time and wish Fiona and Anton many happy returns for 2nd July itself!

smiley  smiley

Last Edit: 2 years, 6 months ago by JLH.

Re: Anton and Fiona's 50th Birthday Party: Sat 13 June 2 years, 6 months ago #17

I can only echo Fiona's sentiments and offer heartfelt thanks to everyone who put in such hard work to make Saturday so memorable.  It makes me truly proud to be part of such a vibrant and giving community and to have such talented friends. I am also not going to mention names for fear of leaving anyone out but huge thanks to all who contributed to the get-in and/or out, decoration and props, ordering of stock, running the three bars on the night, cocktails and to all who came along and made the place look fabulous.

I haven't managed to get all of my cards and presents home yet but they are in a safe place and I will be doing another couple of runs this week.  I'm not sure I'll be able to save them until my birthday though (and I bet Fiona doesn't really). ;-)

And a final thank you to the cast and crew of The New Electric Ballroom who put up with the disruption to their run up weekend.  Do go and see their show - it promises underwear and fish!

All the best
A
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds