Meetings postponed until further notice
Are you a budding playwright? Have you been working on a script that you’d like others to read? Or are you an actor/director who loves the idea of bringing new writing to the stage for the first time? Do you have an idea for a piece of theatre, but aren’t sure how to progress with it?
Following the success of our short writing courses over the past year, we have a monthly meet-up for SLT members who are interested in developing new work for the stage. This is a chance to share your projects with other writers, theatremakers, actors, directors and designers.
These informal meetings are open to all SLT members, whatever your level of experience. It’s free to attend and there’s no ongoing commitment. The purpose of the monthly meet-up is to discuss playwriting projects rather than reading through unpublished plays, but we also hope to organise related events, including:
- Readings of work in progress, as a social activity at SLT
- Short-form writing challenges – eg, writing a 10-minute play
- Rehearsed/semi-staged readings at SLT with an audience
- Submitting pieces for Fest Norwood Shorts (which takes place in August)
- Engaging directors and actors to develop longer-form writing
- Submitting full-length plays for future SLT seasons
- Workshops and short courses with professional writers
Whether you’re an experienced writer, actor or director, or a complete novice, you don’t need to bring anything with you – just a sense of curiosity and a willingness to engage creatively with other people.
If you have any queries email SLT training director Dave Hollander.