South London Theatre (SLT) and SLT Building Preservation Trust (BPT) are committed to working together to protect the health and safety of all users of the Old Fire Station and have approved a joint Health and Safety policy which can be found here on our Policies and Documents Page.
The main purpose is to:
• Provide safe working conditions and a healthy environment for our members, employees and visitors
• Ensure that our equipment and systems of work are safe
• Provide training and information as necessary
• Ensure the public at large are protected from danger or risks to health as a result of our activities
We hope the guidance is straightforward for keeping us all healthy and safe. We haven’t tried to cover every eventuality, but keep to principles. Designated leads will undertake risk assessments and adapt any of our procedures as necessary.
There is summary guidance that will be circulated to front of house (including raffle and box office) and bar volunteers and a new General Stage Manager’s Handbook will shortly be launched by our GSM for additional guidance on keeping safe backstage.
There is additional guidance on a range of matters in the full policy, including manual handling and risk assessments. Our Safeguarding policy also links to this policy.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact Bex the Building Manager or other designated lead.
With warm wishes for a safe and healthy New Year.
– Fiona Daffern, General Secretary